← Roles we are currently recruiting for are listed on the left hand side of this page.
Working at Arachnys
Arachnys’ core competency is harvesting data from the wild and helping customers use it to support better business decisions - about who to take on as a customer, which suppliers to use and who to hire. Arachnys allows customers to search 16,000 corporate, news, social media and litigation sources - spread over 220 countries - in more than 90 languages.
Our approach is nimble and responsive, with close integration between marketing, sales and tech.
Turn up early, leave early, work from home - far more flexible than a corporate job. As long as you get your work done we don’t care where you do it from.
Our offices are located five minutes’ walk from the Barbican Centre. It’s a bright, airy space equipped with free food, showers and fresh towels, standing desks, and great people.
Visas and sponsorship
We are able to offer to sponsor visas and pay relocation expenses only for exceptional candidates. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Remote working may be suitable for some roles, but we have a strong preference for teammates based in London (or commuting distance). If you’re unsure, please get in touch and ask.
All roles are advertised with the potential to start immediately unless stated otherwise. If the role is still advertised, it’s worth applying.
How to apply
To apply for any role:
- Email email@example.com to introduce yourself and tell us how you think you fit the role
- Make your subject line the same as the job title you are applying for
Please follow these guidelines:
- Write your covering letter in the body of your email, not as an attached Word or PDF document
- For technical applicants, please include a link to your GitHub profile or similar. If you’re proud of your GitHub, we probably won’t need to see a formal CV until further on in the recruitment process. If in doubt, please ask.
- Please attach an up-to-date CV
We aim to respond to all applications within ten days; please check your spam folder if you do not receive a response from an application. We will not acknowledge receipt of individual applications.
We do not currently work with recruiters or consultants, but we will answer legitimate enquiries from individual candidates.
If you’re excited by what we’re doing and think you could be a good fit for the team, don’t worry if you don’t see a job spec which perfectly matches your skills. Feel free to send your CV marked for the attention of the founders.
In particular, we’re always on the lookout for exceptional technical candidates. We read and respond to every bona-fide application.
On the tech side, we work on hard but rewarding problems with advanced, performant technologies. We run our own distributed infrastructure with physical and virtualised servers located all over the globe, including a 100TB+ Hadoop cluster and a 10TB+ ElasticSearch cluster. We use Ansible for configuration and deployment.
Our main customer-facing application is a Django application, with the front-end code written in CoffeeScript using Backbone.js, LESS and other modern, open-source frameworks and tools. We also use assorted other open-source technologies such as Golang, Vagrant, PhantomJS, Postgresql, Redis, gevent, Celery and Scalding.
Sitting behind the customer-facing app is a 100TB+ data cluster powered by Hadoop/HBase, ElasticSearch, PhantomJS and other fun technologies.
We are contributors to open source, with our Cabot server monitoring tool starred over 2,000 times on GitHub and AthenaPDF, a PDF generation project in Go, over 1,000 times. We are constantly looking for opportunities to open-source more and more of our non-core tech.
Arachnys is seeking intelligent, dynamic and organized Business Analysts to join our Solutions Consulting team in both New York and London.
Solutions Consulting is a small group of commercially and technically-minded professionals who attack customer problems intelligently. We look after enterprise clients during the evaluation and implementation of our software, which is often a very detailed process and always very consultative.
The role itself will combine traditional business analysis with post-sales technical implementation. The successful candidate will have to adapt, think tactically and make the world’s biggest companies change the way their compliance teams work.
A good candidate will have:
- 3+ years experience in a relevant role, such as business analyst, project management, pre-sales, consulting or implementation
- Project Management experience
- Experience in the risk/compliance space
- Experience working with demanding customers (especially banks)
- Technical proficiency
- An ability to frame, diagnose and solve problems
- Extremely good attention to detail - you will be spending a lot of time having complex discussions and understanding the machinations of our customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build effective external relationships as a trusted advisor
- Persuasively and confidently connect customer pain points with the Arachnys solution
- Provide business and systems consultancy to understand customer challenges, processes and align the Arachnys solution to customer operations
- Work closely with Arachnys’ tech team to translate customer requirements into tangible development goals
- Support Account Management through solution implementation into a healthy ongoing customer relationship
- Competitive salary, performance-based bonus and options.
- Ability to travel internationally
We are looking for an exceptional individual to contribute to our Sales. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for identifying and engaging prospects, qualifying new leads and generating opportunities for their Business Development Managers. This is a growing team and we have a strong focus on continuing to advance our growth as a global technology company.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to launch and progress a sales career, with a path to promotion to the Business Development Manager role. And our sales team celebrates every win our SDRs create - the prospects identified by our team is the lifeblood of our entire company.
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop contacts to create opportunities - Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research prospects, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Work with our Business Development Managers, educating them as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Consistently achieve qualified meeting and opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Some commercial experience
- Enjoy speaking with people and learning about them. Our SDRs need to be comfortable speaking to a variety of professionals.
- Ambitious and determined. We are a fast-growing company, and we need people who will take ownership of projects to be successful in the role.
- Prepared to go the extra mile when necessary.
- Team player. We work best when we share best practices, and take on team projects to make Arachnys better.
- Competitive or passionate about something outside of work.
- Competitive Salary and Commission
- Lots of holiday
- Fantastic opportunity for Significant Career Advancement
- Free Coffee, Drinks, Snacks
- Fun group/team outings
- Stylish office just a couple of minutes Old street
Arachnys’ content team is responsible for identifying and acquiring commercial and open-source data sources (e.g. corporate information, news, litigation, regulatory filings) from around the world for incorporation into our market-leading workflow automation platform.
We are looking for an individual who combines:
- Awareness of data sources available globally
- Experience of compliance processes (e.g. AML, KYC, EDD) and how these consume different data sources
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a small team responsible for acquiring and building integrations with new data sources, managing and assuring the quality of existing sources.
This is not an explicitly technical role, but a high level of comfort with technology is a minimum requirement, and basic programming experience would be a significant advantage.
A good candidate
- Experience in a field connected with e.g. KYC/AML/EDD/FCPA-driven compliance
- Superb ability to execute operationally in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with data wrangling in an academic or professional environment
An ideal candidate
- Ability to write simple code in Python, Java or comparable programming languages
- Experience managing both in-house and outsourced teams to get excellent results
- Vision for how to combine different data sets in order to enhance overall product proposition
Competitive, dependent on experience and skills. Equity incentive plan.